Monday, January 08, 2007

Here's the first...

...of my 2007 teasers *phnaar* Just a little corner of my latest layout which all and sundry aren't allowed to see just yet. Sorry sundry.

I've been working like the clappers to put together the Shape Up for Design seminar which Julia and I are teaching all over the place this year (along with the other two design seminars). Five layouts between the two of us, plus a 12 page booklet handout, plus instruction sheets for each project--and then sorting out who's coming, what they want for lunch, making up the kits--it doesn't take half a day to sort out, that's for sure.

Yesterday I was working on one of my layouts - It's All About Love. It needed to be in a graphic, clean style to teach the delegates some particular principles...and this style is not normally me. I can't tell you how desperate I was to start throwing on circles and swirls. But I got there in the end! And today I am working on a layout with circles and twirls and all I want to do is graphic.

Contrary moo.

And as for this weather. I mean, I'm sorry to get so hackneyed as to talk about the weather but really, it does take the piddle, it really does. Days on end of a grey bowl covering my piece of the earth, with drizzly murky rain and even more grey murky light (NOT very good for getting shots of one's lovely new layouts, now is it? Eh? Eh? Had to resort to sitting in the car at lunch time when the sun *snort* is at its highest in the sky *snort* to get some decent photos. Any neighbours who witnessed it must have thought me deranged).


I feel a little tantrum coming on, so I think I shall go make a sandwich and get on with my layout instead.

Only one place left at the Shape Up for Design Seminar in Caerphilly by the way.

No comments: