Saturday, November 11, 2006

Of Beach Bums and Hedgehogs

I finally had some time this morning to finish a Design Team layout for Crafty-Ness. I had 7 Gippos and BasicGrey to play with, as well as some other embellies. I'm finding it really hard to get decent pics of layouts at the mo, because it's too rainy and windy to go outside to photograph them, and inside it's too dark, and using a flash is hopeless. Hence this layout does look a lot better IRL. That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it. The 'Beach' is stamped and the 'Bum' is inked and clear embossed chipboard letters. Love them, kiss them, want their babies.


Yet another of Molly (my scrapping bud Tina's girly-girl). You can see Celyn in the reflection on the sand in the background. Yet another of our day down the Mumbles/Caswell. Very good mileage out of that day!

I think I'm just hankering after summer...

Got a treat this morning as I received a text from Katie-Jane's husband (and very good friend of mine) Rob, who suggested that we and they, plus his sister Tracey and hubbie Gwyn (another good friend from college days...SO handy that all these fab people have married each other!!!!!) and his twin Simon all get together this evening for food and board games and general hilarity. Sweet. One of my very favourite ways of spending time.

I rang him back to confirm details and he was in the middle of fishing a dead hedgehog out of their fishpond and had me in fits of laughter over it. Not that I'm anti-hedgehogs or anything...far from it. But he is completely hilarious. Rob was totally moaning his backside off about having to do these disgusting animal jobs for Katie anyway.

Bearing in mind that Rob does not and has never liked animals, several months after marrying Katie-Jane they discovered that there were, in fact, fish in the fishpond in their garden. Katie had completely ignored them for over a year and yet that had survived. But the pond was disgusting...full of green slime. So guess who had to catch all the fish, put them elswhere while he cleaned the pond, and then replace them. Yes, that would be Rob. Then Katie offered to look after 3 canaries last Christmas for their neighbours. They came down one morning and two of them were on their backs at the bottom of the cage. Cue one distraught Katie (she sobbed on her neighbour's doorstep when he returned!) and one husband having to retrieve them from the cage and dispose of them. And today they have a dead hedgehog in their pond. Hence one moaning-his-backside-off Rob. "Just call me Rolf Harris" he kept muttering.

It was when he shouted to Katie in the house "Hey Kate...can we use it for a door stop" that I started guffawing in a most unladylike manner.


Anyway...they're due in 4 hours and my house has a layer of dust aaaaaaaall over it. There's a whole warren under our bed, let alone bunnies. So...gotta...

Go.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Lol @ the hedgehog story!

Love pink and brown together, and fab photo :o)