Sunday, August 06, 2006

Well slap my thigh and call me Faloola!

I scrapped. AND I did it just for me, me, me. Not for a class. For ME.

In my bloggy wanderings I noticed that Ann(i)e Hafermann had proffered a challenge. And despite the fact that I have one, two, THREE classes to get ready pretty pronto for two different events, I decided I just needed to get back to enjoying the process...albeit for one layout. Oooo, now...I hear that expression all the time..."enjoying the process"...and I'm not one for over-used phrases (for example...I completely hate the terms "hun" or "honey") unless they're my own over-used phrases...in which case I like to think of them more of "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" phrases.

I digress...in this particular case getting back to enjoying the process is true. I can get so caught up in scrapping because I have to, with kits, budgets, timescales and themes being at the forefront of my scribbly brain. And it just felt so good to scrap 'because'. It doesn't happen very often. And I probably didn't have time to do it really. And I did have to put on some washing, hang out another load of washing, tidy, clean the downstairs toilet, and vacuum before I started, and then whilst pondering the layout, pick at the bits of glue on my dining table (which of course is quasi-cleaning) - just to soothe my guilt.

Anyhoo, this is my offering for the challenge. I took the photo of the layout quite quickly and so it was wonky...apologies. Also, the challenge was to use one's scraps...but I don't 'do' scraps (if it's a scrap, it's gone...chucked or given away) but I do have little collections of papers in 12x12 bags, so that's what all of these came from. Old Basic Grey.

Thanks Ann(i)e. I may have to sneak in another sometime...

16 comments:

Taniwha said...

Oh honey, that's awesome! ;)

I did it too, it's in my gallery on UKS.

Flat Golly said...

Hey, hey.....me too! What's with us this weekend!

Just Say Julie said...

stunning! love what you did!

canadianLN said...

WOWWWW!! I love this LO!!!!!!

Chrissie said...

Yes! Toute Mimi. It's what a certain French girly called my Mum when she saw that picture of her and Celyn. Such a lovely expression!! It literally means 'all cute' (hard to translate!) I just loved it when I heard it, and then when I remembered what she'd said, I knew I had to use it as the title.

It's for Gloucester so you may not see the finished thing for a few months.

canadianLN said...

Chrissie - email me!
ellenbrom@shaw.ca

Nat said...

Love those papers - the Sophie ones aren't they? Can't get 'em anymore.....see it DOES pay to hoard scrap Chrissie 'cos you never know when the right LO will come along for 'em!!
xx

Chrissie said...

They weren't scraps. I truly don't do scraps. I shall give you a bag of scraps next time I see you if you want!

They were full pieces of paper that I'd hoarded because they were the last ones of the line in my possession. I have lots of THOOOOOSE! LOL

Chrissie said...

Although I do keep half sheets of paper. Any smaller...it's a gonner. I have enough clutter in my house without tiddly widdly bits of paper adding to it.

Missy said...

Beautiful page. I absolutely love how you did that wandering line with little circles. So cool!!!

Chrissie said...

Okay...any scraps I'll chuck in a carrier bag just for you Gems :D

Nicola said...

great layout chrissie i have been meaning to do this one and completly with you on scraping something for yourself and with out the budget etc..

chanel said...

that is so cool - wasn't it fun!

Deborah Duck said...

Love the layout, clean crisp and with doodles, what more could you want!

SmileyCarrie said...

Love this layout.... love the circles throughout the pages..... great job!!!

Nat said...

Scraps?!! I want them I want them!! (I'm such a freeloader!!!!)(well, there is another word for it too but i don't wish to lower the tone of your blog any more than neccessary! teehee!) xxx