Thursday, August 03, 2006

One of the things I love...

about my "hunky husband" as Anita M put it today *Chrissie waves* (...I know you're reading this luv - LOL) is his sense of the ridiculous. Take this poster we were both gazing at absent-mindedly in the Fun Factory today (the Fun Factory is a fab climbing frame, tube slide, ball pit type affair that they should do for adults but, in fact, only exists for children *sigh* We were there with Celyn). He suddenly launched into hypothetical scenarios...

*Waves arms wildly* "Waaaaah...kids, kids...gerroff! Gerroff!" *Acting out 5 children hanging from every part of man in Brewster Bear costume's body* "Don't pull my head off....waaaaaaah!!!"

*Acting out child kicking man in Brewster Bear outfit in the bits* *Kick* "You gave my sister a balloon! I want a balloon!!" *Punch*

Well...it made me laugh. To actually have gone to the trouble of producing a professionally drawn poster to be displayed in this and (presumably) all Fun Factories, they must have had a number of 'incidents' over the years. Hilarious. (I took the photo with my phone in case any of you are thinking, "What a total sadcake, taking her camera with her everywhere she goes").

One of the funniest 'sense of the ridiculous' Danny moments ever was about a year ago. We were driving home along our usual route from the supermarket, past where 5 or 6 houses had been going up for several months. These were now completed and had a showhome tour available, with balloons advertising the fact, attached to a fence next to the sign. As we drove past Danny noticed a policeman who had stopped his car and was stood next to the ballooned fence, talking on his two-way radio. Danny launches into hypothetical conversation...

"Well, yes Sarg. There's balloons Sarg. Dunno Sarg...but there's pink ones and red ones Sarg. Should I investigate Sarg? Right Sarg, right..."

I peed myself laughing.

I have been trying trying trying for at least a week to get some scrapping done. I get up bright and breezy in the morning thinking 'This is the day' and then life takes over. And when I finally sit down it's 9.30pm and my brain's in the sink along with the dirty dishes from dinner. Pah. Is this just me I am wondering because all the blogs I look at, people are scrapping left right and centre, and producing one or two things a week? Is it just my life that's so hectic? How do you peeps fit scrapbooking in???

Well, I've got the Swansea Crop on Friday (yey!) and there is a vicious rumour that when you go to a crop you should actually get some scrapping done. No...really! Truly! Honestly...you're not supposed to just sit in a hall for between 4-7 hours (or however long), get everything out, chat a lot, and then put it all away again. So I've heard...

5 comments:

Vikki said...

Love your blog.. and yes Iget days when you get motivated...things happen and then it is bedtime....

Enjoy the crop!

SmileyCarrie said...

hahah that sounds like fun... I want to go to that one Gems is talking about!

I go through stages with scrapping where I am motivated every night.. than may not for weeks. *shrugs* Who knows. This week I have been motivated.. but other things (ie. chores & homework) have been neglected. Whoops ;)

Nat said...

What?! You mean your camera is NOT surgically attached to your forearm? Call yourself a SCRAPBOOKER?!! Pah! xxx

Linz said...

Someone's been pulling your leg there my love.

Go to a crop and actually scrapbook - never heard of that one myself :)

Chrism said...

:lol: Chrissie your blog is brilliant honey - cheers me up whenever I read it - especially when I am about to leave for work.... I would like to see a crop where people actually scrap as well :lol: mind you I intend to finish at least one that I have started this saturday :)