Thursday, July 13, 2006

Productive day...

I made the Teaching Assistant's paper bag book this afternoon whilst Daughter was at school (same photos more or less; different papers). A productive scrapping day...most unlike me. I must be sickening for something.

The whole book is now added to the slide gallery to the right along with the Teacher's one. Papers are Chatterbox.

Lovely afternoon playing with paper and glue.

And then...

Celyn went to her friend Melody's house after school to play/have tea. I went to pick her up at the appointed time to find that she had (playfully) tipped juice all over Melody, who was sitting on the sofa at the time. Dirty Melody, dirty sofa covers *Chrissie stands there feeling mortally embarrassed* Well...I apologise profusely and then sat and chatted with Melody's mum...at which point Melody comes halfway down the stairs to inform us that Celyn has now piddled on the floor. *Pass me the smelling salts* I go upstairs and try to ask Celyn about the 'incident' but she is hiding in Melody's bedroom and on being (nicely but firmly) extracted from said bedroom she proceeds to have a full on, scream at such a pitch only dogs could hear her, hyperventilating, out of control, total and utter hissy fit tantrum. With Melody's mum and Melody looking on. *Chrissie starts fantasising about purchasing a one-way ticket to the Seychelles and lying on a white-sand beach with a book in one hand and a drink in the other*.

Hey ho.

She's okay now but I think I may take up yoga. Oommmmmmm....

5 comments:

Tina said...

Oh, LMAO, I tried so hard not to laugh when I read this, I really did........but it didn't work, sorreeee!!
Children, huh?

Deborah Duck said...

Kids lull you into that false sense of security don't they? Little angels for weeks and months, and you start to think you can take them anywhere, and then all of a sudden they prove to you that you can't!

Nat said...

lol! hehehe! I'm at that time in my life where I'm wistfully staring at strollers and buggies and kiddies hanging off the trollies in tesco wishing I was a mammy - but thanks for the reality check Chrissie!! I can wait a bit longer me thinks!!!

Taniwha said...

Oh Chrissie! Makes me think of that conversation we had the other night about children being accountable for their actions!

I'll come with ya to the Seychelles :D

Flat Golly said...

Oooh....ground open up and swallow me.