Monday, July 17, 2006

It's Mine, Mine...All Mine!

Slurp.

Look what's arrived chez moi! Lovely Prisca Jockovic sent me my very own, personal, signed copy of her new book Scrap Embellissments (Scrap Embellishments...no kidding, really, that's what it translates as...) and I am just in a delight.

So, apart from the excitement of getting something so lovely for free... and signed (did I mention it was signed?), I would say this book is by far one of the best on the market. And I genuinely don't think it matters whether you speak French or not (although I feel the publisher should rip the hand off of anyone who offers an English translation). There are over 100 beautiful (and I mean BEEEE-U-TIFUL) layouts and other projects in this book, which are inspiration enough without being able to read the text. Prisca is a master of the art form of scrapbooking; and her work certainly does warrant the term 'art form'. Another thing I like about her is that there is nothing of the diva about her. I can't be doing with divas. She is just sweet and humble.

The book is split into sections covering how to create your own embellishments and then how to use them on pages. There is also a workbook section at the back, in black and white, giving step-by-step instructions on how to create using different media and also more detailed information about products on the market.

Also, the book is a really nice size and uses great quality paper and printing. All for 15 Euros, which is about a tenner. Blummin' bargain.

And my one's signed. Did I mention that?

5 comments:

SmileyCarrie said...

Congratulations.. a signed copy too! That's exciting!!! :):)

Chrissie said...

OH! Did I mention it was signed... gosh I didn't realise.

LOL!

Deborah Duck said...

Shame you couldn't have got a signed one.

Chrissie said...

Well, you'll never guess...I had a quick look in the front and...honest, you'll never guess... it was SIGNED! Honest. Can you believe it?

Deborah Duck said...

Nutter.