Wednesday, July 19, 2006

Ballet Beautiful

Yesterday was Celyn's first ever ballet recital. Vewwy excitin' for doting parents! It really was great to see our girl taking part in the performance in front of everyone, despite her shyness, and also fab to see how much she has learnt since beginning at Easter, and all the little dances and exercises they do in class. When I say 'shyness'...she really dislikes 'performing' in front of anybody, us included. Anyway, I got some really cute shots of it all (although the light in the hall was awful). I love this one of Husband holding Celyn...wish I'd got his whole head in, but never mind...I love it anyway.

I can't wait to scrap all of these pics...well, except in this heat all I want to do is blob on the sofa. I've got so much to do at the moment and I have the motivation of THE laziest sloth in the whole sloth kingdom. I need to stop being such a sluggard and get myself invigorated but *Chrissie whines* it's soooooo hot. Best thing about this weather though is that my washing dries on the line in half an hour flat and my tumble drier is having a summer holiday. Happiness (happiness with respect to the electricity bill, indeed). I love hanging out washing on the line. There's just something so joyous and satisfactory about it...especially white sheets. White sheets flapping in the breeze while I walk between them and peg up the smalls. Am I crazy? Am I the only woman who thinks this way?

Anyway...ballet piccies...knock yourselves out. They're so cute!

1. I personally love the little girl holding up her leg - too funny!
2. Kaaaa-jaaaa goo, goo, goo...
3. Concentrating on the teacher
4. I love this shot...one of the mums asked me to take some pics of her daughter too
5. Getting her ballet shoes on


10 comments:

SmileyCarrie said...

awwwwwww they're so sweet!!! :) :) :) :) What amazing pictures!! What type of camera do you have?

Your daughter is so cute :)

And by the way.. I am absolutely the same.. I get such a *thrill* out of hanging my clothes outside. Especially sheets; especially the smell they have afterwards ... so fresh. I thought I was a bit crazy ;) hehe

Chrissie said...

I have a Nikon 350D digi SLR. Thanks Carrie. Well girly-girl...it's just you and me that like roaming about in our sheets then - LOL!

Chrissie said...

*Chrissie ponders with finger against mouth* Gems in a tutu...

BWAAAAHAAAAAHAAAAAA!

(actually I could see you as a dancer)

Deborah Duck said...

I just wish I could dance at all, never ever been able to, I just know I look stupid when I try and do it so I don't. Thanks for bringing all my teenage angst back!

How sweet are those photos??? Poor old Hannah has already got to squeeze into a fairy costume so I can copy yours, now I've got to get a tutu to fit her.

And I love putting washing out, hate having to bring it in to iron, which is what I should be doing right now, and putting your smalls on the line! Are you mad woman, the neighbours might seem them!

Chrissie said...

Well that'll send them feeling all flushed and unnecessary won't it! LOL

Taniwha said...

Chrissie, I just heard a rumour about you. Is it true you've got a signed copy of Prisca Jockovic's book?

Chrissie said...

Well. It's funny you should mention that. I think I actually do actually have a signed copy actually.

Signed.

Actually.

Nat said...

Fab piccies!! If you thought Gems in a tutu was funny, well, just think, "I" used to be a ballerina too! I can hear you all erupting in guffaws from here, but it's true. Until I was about 7 anyway. Went to the same dance school as Ms Zeta-Jones y'know. (Can't resist a bit of name droppin', me!)

I love hanging the washing out too - it's just about the only house work I don't actually mind doing! that and dusting the telly ('cos the dust spoils my Big Brother viewing, you see).

And Chrissie, if you think you can claim the title of laziest sloth in the whole sloth kingdom, you're gonna have to fight me for it first me luvvlie!! Choose your weapon........xx

Chrissie said...

Conkers at 30 paces!!!

Flat Golly said...

Actually I love the lighting level...really muted shades.

And I LOVE hanging washing outside...I start as early as the season will allow....knickers and all!