Thursday, June 15, 2006

What will I do with my Wednesday evenings?










Desperate Housewives Wednesday has finished for the summer...and probably most of the autumn as well (seeing as the series never starts here the same time as it does in the States). And what a STUNNER of an ending too. Back to back soapy slathering bliss...two whole hours of action packed, funny (oh I howled when Lynette was shouting at that woman (no spoilers) in the restaurant...she's so fab!!), tense, emotional, twisty-turny drama. Completely worth staying up till 1am to watch (and I may watch those 2 episodes all over again on Channel 4 next week just to get another fix!) What a fab show. I shall miss it...*sigh*

Still sorting all the stuff for the Caerphilly Scrappers Unlimited seminars on Saturday. Nearly there. Husband is going to help me do all the final bits and bobs tomorrow (he volunteered!). He received his results for his degree today too...a 2:1. Good job Mr Willicombe! He da bomb!

And we are sporting a rather large England flag in our bedroom window (which overlooks the front of the house) as of today, to cheer on the lads...which is no small thing when you live in the middle of Welsh Wales I can tell you (heh heh). The England flag is received with much thanks from the lovely lovely Linz at Crafty Pastimes. That Linz is such a thoughtful girly (something I've noticed about her). She knew how hard (well, nigh on impossible) it was for me to get a Cross of St. George living here and sent me one in with my ribbon order for Saturday. I did ask in one of the larger supermarkets if they had any flags and the shop assistants just sort of laughed at me. Ho hum.

Anyway...2-0 over Trinidad tonight...and I was only able to catch the first half (including the near miss where Terry just managed to kick the ball out of our goal in time ...eeek!) and of COURSE they score both goals in the second half. Blimmin' typical.

So...nothing much along the scrapping vein in my blog today. Just lots of telly really! LOL

4 comments:

Kim said...

oooh, I thought you were going to say what happened in the last episode. I was a good girl and put myself to bed at 12.oo, and will have to watch the last episode next week

Deborah Duck said...

We have English flags in our co-op and ASDA, obviously Cardiff isn't quite as "Welsh" as Swansea then.

Well done to Mr Chrissie, you'll have to find him things to do with all his spare time time.

Good luck for tomorrow too, hope everything goes swimmingly.

Chrissie said...

Oh it's SO FAB Kim!!! I'll be watching it with you - LOL.

Debbie, the English flag episode was in Tesco Newport last Saturday when I nipped over during the crop. And I have just been in Tesco Llanelli and they have whole England car kits (none sold mind!! LOL LOL LOL!!)

Deborah Duck said...

LOL - forgot to mention that bit, the displays were all full too!