Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Scrappedy-doo-daaaaaaa, Scrappedy-aaaaaay...

My oh my, what a wonderful day!

In our home we have an evening a week which we call Family Night, where we take time to be together. We pray, sing a song (Celyn always wants to sing Twinkle Twinkle Little Star!), have a little lesson (could be on something in the scriptures or could be on floating and sinking *she says, thinking about one memorable evening and lots of water all over the place - LOL*) and then we play a game. Well yesterday for Family Night, Celyn decided she wanted Mummy to teach her scrapbooking. So Husband dove into the garage and pulled out his scrapbook he started about 4 years ago and I sat with Celyn and we all scrapbooked together. All of us. The whole fam-lee. It was so coooooooool!

So this is Danny's page (he held it up and counted, "1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8-9...NINE pictures on there!" He has concerns that I only scrapbook one photo at a time on the whole - LOL).

And this is Celyn's. I did most of the cutting (she pushed the blade across the trimmer a few times but the anal person in me just couldn't bear for it to be wonky, so I set up the cut!) but she glued everything down, including the extraneous pink stripy paper that doesn't quite match but she wanted to put on the left there "because it's pink Mummy!" and she knew we had to use pink and yellow paper because of her dress in the photo.

She chose the title and the journaling sentence (which I wrote out in pencil and she traced over the top). And she wrote her name at the bottom...she gets phonetic i and y mixed up because her name is Welsh and y in Welsh is always pronounced 'Ih' (if you know what I mean). Hence she wrote an i!

And I thought I'd upload the page I had started the evening before (just for me, not for a class, just for ME!) where I was playing about with my new Heidi Swapp pencils (won them at Bonanza!).

So ain't we the Scrappy Family on the Happy Families pack of cards eh? Eh?

It's all good!

3 comments:

Chrissie said...

Ooo check out that seck-sie picture of you Gems Meaden - LOL! There's posh.

Deborah Duck said...

Well aren't you just the Happy Family Craftiness! Think you have some competition with those layouts there Mrs!

Nat said...

Awwww look at Celyn's fabby first LO - her mammy's one isn't bad either lol!xx Can't wait til I have a family to share moments like that with *yearn*. Closest I get at the mo is Lee chucking the paper at me 'cos I'm in the way of the tv!!!!