Monday, June 11, 2007

I am so hooooooooooot!!!!

Close, humid, restless night's sleep, awakening to 22 degrees at 9am. Man alive. I am so HOT (and not in a good way)! On top of which, a neighbour's car alarm kept going off. FOUR times. There's only so much a sweaty girl can take.

Which reminded me of Sunday in the Park with George which is probably my favourite musical theatre ever. Little known fact about Chrissie...I studied theatre at university in America and used to go to plays and shows galore (GALORE) there and in London. For example, I saw the original cast of Les Mis before anybody outside of 'really into theatre' knew what it was. Them were the days.

This show is about the painter, Georges Seurat (him what painted with dots). Bernadette Peters (singing here) and Mandy Patinkin (who plays Seurat) are quite stunning in their parts (how great is her voice?!) and the music and lyrics touch my whole soul.

I am soooooo hoooooooooooot!

5 comments:

misteejay said...

Oh I can so relate to this clip, DH only ever wants a helping hand with someting outside when it is blazing hot or freezing cold - never when it is just 'nice', lol. Bernadette has a great voice for musicl theatre - so expressive.

Well, here's hoping that you had a better night last night - don't really want to see on the news "Heat crazed woman attacks car with rolling pin..." You wouldn't want to ruin a perfectly good rolling pin, now would you? Toni :o)

Andrea said...

hope you get cool soon, although it is nice to be "hot" once in a while.

Terrie Farrell said...

I sooooooo know what you mean about this ridiculous night heat...last night...naked (yeah not pretty) no covers, fan on full blast and cold wet flannel on my feet (i ain't kidding with that either, habit usually only don when i'm pregnant..othing like wearing a cold wet pair of socks to bed!) X

domestic goddess said...

it is so hooot, i am sweaty buckets just sitting here typing, lol
hugs
xoxo

misteejay said...

Is it me, or is it getting hotter? The last two nights have also seen me tossing & turning and it doesn't look like it's going to be any better tonight...bwawwwwwwww!

It is too, too hot. :o( Toni