Saturday, May 26, 2007

Just an update

Remiss of me. I was just looking at my blog and realised I hadn't said how well I'd done in my BAFTA predictions. Or not. Mostly not.

I got both the Actor and Actress categories completely wrong.
I also got Comedy Performance wrong. However I was quite pleased Ricky got it though (Reading boy that he is)
Also got Drama Series wrong (boo on their winner, boo boo boo)
Also, Casualty won best Soap, oh sorry...Continuing Drama. Surprise.
I was irritated that Ross Kemp on Gangs won best Factual Series. Stephen Fry should DEFINITELY have won that. In fact he got a loud cheer when the noms were being read out.
And I was also stunned that Planet Earth won nothing at all. WHAT THE...?!
Furthermore I also got the Sport and International wrong wrong wrong.
And the Comedy Programme. Yes, I was a bit bovvered actually.

But what I got right (which of course is FAR more important, being RIGHT and all):

Jonathan Ross was best Entertainment Performer. The fact that I split my vote between 3 of the 4 nominees is neither here nor there *superior raise of eyebrows*
I also got the Interactivity programme right (Hogfather)
And best Entertainment Programme (X Factor)
But my favourite two wins of the night...best Sit Com was indeed The Royle Family: Queen of Sheba (MUST get that on DVD), and Life on Mars won the Audience Award. Woo hoo! See...the British public know what they're talking about! Oh yes they do.

In other news...

Celyn had her MMR this week. I had been a bit antsy about her having this controversial injection so had left it alone for a few years, but I knew the time was right now to get it done as I was more concerned about her getting measles than any possible side-effects, which I no longer thought she would get, being much older now and all. I told Celyn all about the injection and what it was for and was highly amused after the event to hear her telling my Mum, "I've had an operation so I won't get the measles, the mumps and the bellas. Mummy's had the bellas, but they didn't hurt" [I had them when I was 19, or rather I had RUbella! LOL!!!]

Well, all done now. She wasn't impressed with the needle, although she didn't really cry...just looked at me with wide, slightly teary eyes, in a "You lying wench...you told me this wouldn't hurt" manner *guilt, guilt, guilt* She has had a bit of a temperature since Wednesday night, but seems back to her old self this morning. Which is a good job, seeing as she's eaten next to nothing for 36 hours.

Right, need to go as the post office closes in 3 hours and 10 minutes, and I have some more kits to post out, and then Celyn and I are braving the delights of Swansea town centre on a Saturday. Joy.

2 comments:

Flat Golly said...

I had 'germy me-balls' as a child. german Measles obviously!!

misteejay said...

Hi Chrissie, just to put you out of your misery (lol) 1980 was the year - clever clogs. I'm all excited now knowing my 'basque' is on its way...Toni :o)