Friday, March 23, 2007

Kidnapped by Aliens...

...which is why I haven't posted for over a week. I am contacting the National Enquirer just as soon as I've finished blogging. Most annoying...I missed Desperate Housewives because of it, AND they didn't have any chocolate neither!

Or *much more boringly* I've had 'stuff' going on with me, AND the teensy matter of getting the Brecons 2 retreat classes live and booking (and sorting out a couple of Design Seminars as well). A bit of my very own retreat class here for y'all. I love those American Crafts papers and brads. The retreat starts in 19 days (for the Scrappers Unlimited team anyway...we're there the day before setting up) so it's all systems go go go from now on in *cue the William Tell Overture music...*
Julia and I are teaching the Shape Up for Design seminar at Crafty Pastimes in Gloucestershire tomorrow (that's NOT Gloh-sess-ter-shy-errrrr you American people reading this... it's Gloh-stuh-shuh - LOL!). At least...I HOPE we are. I had a phone call from Julia at 7.15 this morning from hospital (so why are those last two words just NOT GOOD at the end of a phrase?!) to say her son had been in overnight because he and the pavement had a meeting when he got knocked off his bike (playing - not by a car or anything). They think he's okay now though, so hopefully she'll be there. If not it's still going ahead (before anyone panics!), but will be Julia-less.
And breathe...
Just before I go shake Celyn conscious for school (praise be that she's NOT one of those kids that wakes up at 6 o'clock every morning!), I would like to say a big 'WOO HOO' for Hebe Ambler who is a British scrapbooker whose work I have admired for ages (and I have met once and she was a very nice girly). She found out yesterday that she has received an honourable mention in this year's Creating Keepsakes Hall of Fame competition. Good for her!!!!! So cool. Well done Hebe!

3 comments:

Beth said...

Oooh Chrissy, "Where's ew been?" Glad your back now. What a glam photo of you there, for what I can see, lovely. Beth XX

Nat said...

Yikes!!! Not long now until the retreat!! *wanders off muttering in a rather panicky fashion about boxes and badges*.......... Can't wait really! Love those pics of you :) xxx

Just Say Julie said...

that hair color looks amazing! watch out for those aliens!!