Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Our Beach

We are lucky enough to live 20 minutes' drive away from beautiful mountain scenery in one direction (Brecon Beacons National Park), and 20 minutes from beautiful coastline. A quick car trip across Swansea and we've got our pick of some of the most glorious beaches in the whole of Britain.

Caswell has always been our favourite - it is just the most perfect beach...Enid Blyton-esque I always say. Caves, rock pools, beautiful sand, never ever 'Bournemouth' crowded, even at the height of summer. We visit it so much more often than any other, Celyn calls it "our beach".

So last Sunday I took my friend Clare, who was visiting from Reading for the annual Oscars party, for a walk down there (while Danny prepared dinner - heh heh *Chrissie raises her eyebrows up and down in a dastardly manner*). WHAT a day to visit. The wind had whipped the waves into 12 footers. Comically, all the surfers were literally running down the beach to get in it! It was soooooo spectacleeee-errr. I'm just so glad I had the forethought to grab my camera as we headed out the door. Nature is amazing, beautiful, awesome, and just a teensy bit scary in its power.

Clare and Celyn looking at the amazing surf. And you have to click on this picture below to see how high those waves were.

I also managed to take some lovely shots looking west, where the currents etc. hadn't caused a swell at all.

Clare was here, as I said, for our annual Oscars party, but I shall blog about that in my next post. Later. Because I have to do ordering for retreat and seminar class kits. And try and stop coughing (oh yes...still! 4 weeks and counting...). And have some breakfast.

3 comments:

misteejay said...

"Your beach" is stunning (the piccies are pretty good too, lol). Those waves sure are something - Mother Nature really knows how to put on a show when she wants to.

Time that cough was shifting...a bit more tlc needed - not easy I know when there is work to do.

Toni :o)

SmileyCarrie said...

Wow.. beautiful pictures... I would love to visit your beach! Wow!!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous pictures :o)