Tuesday, January 02, 2007

Keep meaning to say...

Do you guys know about Bloglines? It is a fantastic FREE service where you make your own list of blogs you like to read regularly, and then when the blog author updates, it tells you (you just go to Feeds and it highlights and lists all the blogs that have been updated).

I use it all the time (as I couldn't possibly trawl through all 60+ blogs I like to nose at on the off-chance that they may or may not have updated it!). Gosh...60+ blogs...I seriously don't sit here looking at blogs all day...honest I don't guv'ner. Honest.

Later bloggy peeps.

Edited to add instructions for how to use Bloglines!

Okay...

Go to www.Bloglines.com and register an account (very quick...they just want an email addy, a password, your time zone (that's GMT if you're here in Britain!), and your language. Done.

Right...Then log in (email addy and password)
Then click on Subscribe (which is on the home page, in yellow, at the top of the circle of titles)

Then type in the address of the blog you want to watch...i.e. www.LifeIsScrap.blogspot.com and click Subscribe next to it.

THEN...You may be given 2 or 3 options of 'feeds'. I usually just click the one that has the most subscribers to it (I don't really understand what that part is...but hey, my system works for me! LOL)
Ignore everything else...unless you want to watch a blog and don't want people to know you're watching it...in which case click on Private in the Access block.

Then click Subscribe again at the bottom. Done.

You will see the blog you just subscribed to on the left. The ones that have been updated are always in bold.

To add a 2nd, 3rd or 4th blog...click Add at the top of the list on the left, and start the process again.

Hope that makes sense to everyone :D

5 comments:

Nicola said...

i cant work out how do to it am i being really dumb!!

Chrissie said...

I've left instructions on your blog Nicola

Nicola said...

wow your good you now always so great with the advice right when i need it off to gve it a go apprantly i am already a memeber must have given up trying a while back also. x

Sally said...

oooooh, Chrissie, can you leave me good advice too. I can't work it out either.

Just Say Julie said...

What a great service! I must check that out!!