Monday, January 01, 2007

Going Public

That's one blog title you don't want to do a typo on... (bwaahaahaa)

Okay. Here we are then. Happy New Year and all that.

January 2007.

The 1st of.

A new month and a new year.

It's like a brand new, clean stack of exercise books at school (from which, of course, you take yours from at least 3 down because no one but no one takes the TOP one...do they?)

It's like a brand new car...unsullied by crumbs or family faloolaa.

It's like a brand new scrapbooking tote...all clean and lovely and waiting to be filled with stash but in an orderly and pleasing manner.

Enough of the analogies already.

I'm going public. Because it's got to be done.

My mate Debbie told me a couple of weeks ago that she's been diagnosed borderline diabetic and because it is in her family, she is determined (De. TER. mined) not to become diabetic and be having to inject herself every day and all that. So it's a healthy, get fit and happy life from tomorrow.

And I will be joining her. Because I pondered her quest and thought she could do with the support. And also because I am so badly overweight it's not funny (since I got married, and then more pounds went on when I was pregnant). And I don't want to have any fatty diseases either. I want to go into Next and be able to wear any of the clothes in there. I want to run and play with my daughter. I want to be able to go places and not feel uncomfortable because I don't have the right clothes (because I can't find any) or shoes. I want to feel sexy. And I don't want to miss out on opportunities because of my body!

So.

I'm going public.

I'm getting healthy in 2007. This is my year. Me and my mate Debbie.

Go us!

10 comments:

Beth said...

Happy New Year Chrissie, let's hope it will prove positive for you and all. It all starts here kiddo. Beth XX

Tina said...

Well done that girl! I want to shop at Next too (but did at least manage to buy something in M&S last week, a major step forward for me). Think positive, and it WILL happen for you.

See you in the gym at Crickhowell.

(((((HUGS)))))))))

Anonymous said...

Good luck Chrissie! :o) And happy 2007! I hope this year brings you and yours health, wealth and happiness xx

Deborah Duck said...

Yay - go us! Chrissie! Debbie! Chrissie! Debbie!

We can rebuild them. We have the technology.

You lot won't recognise us this time next year. No one will want us to go to their crops anymore Chrissie because we'll be so stunningly slim and sexy and gorgeous, and of course our scrapping ability will increase tenfold with our new confidence and gorgeousness!

Sorry, just drifted off into a little daydream there.

Chrissie said...

Heh heh heh!

Cheryl said...

Yay for you!
Last year a friend and me decided to do the same thing....SOOOOOOO Much easier with a friend! TONS easier, I say. By the time I got pregnant and got sick enough I had to stop running (sad for me, really), she had lost 18 pounds, and me 15. Of course, she kept going without me, and lost 30 pounds in 5 months. I'm anxiously awaiting the birth of my big boy next month, not just for the boy (I guess that would be the point, right?:) ), but so I can start running again!

Yay for health!

Good luck --I'm sure you two will do great!

Linz said...

Can we make this a threesome ;)

I'm on the weight wagon too, got some serious weight to lose and will be blogging it (another of my resolutions). First weigh in tomorrow morning

domestic goddess said...

good luck hun, i will be joining you too :)

SmileyCarrie said...

Good for you two .. wishing you the best of luck and most success. You can do it! :)

Happy New Year!! *hugs*

Nicola said...

you can do it x