Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Published!

How exciting is that!? My layout is in this month's Scrapbook Inspirations (out today :D *Chrissie holds on to her hat as people stampede past her to get to the shops selling the magazine*). It was part of the Ready, Steady, Scrap challenge and I was up against myScrappers Unlimited team member Sue. And I won! Not gloating you understand (truly), just excited :D It's ALWAYS nice to see your stuff published.


It seems ages ago I did this page (I remember it was sunny and warm because I was able to go in the garden to have my photo taken with the layout - looking out my office window, it sure ain't warm and sunny now!!). I kept snorting with laughter when I was working on it. The smaller photos are of me and my cousin Jeff, and we had obviously been completely obnoxious that day. I can clearly remember standing on the path with Jeff, refusing to smile (with him nudging me on). Heh heh...brats! The larger photo is with my cousins (l-r) Mike, Gwen and Bill (Jeff's parents), and Doreen, and my Dad (on the right in the cowboy hat). Obviously we had driven them all barmy with our behaviour, and when they took these shots they were happy to show just what irritants we were. I'm about to get shot, and Jeff's mum is on the verge of stabbing him with a bread knife! Waaaaahaaaaahaaaaaa!!! Hilarious! I really do completely love these photos!
This was the home I lived in in Swindon when I lived around the corner from Linz - see this post here.
When I was putting the layout together I rang Gwen, Bill and Jeff to get some ideas on what title I should give the page, and Jeff immediately said, "Childcare ain't what it used to be!" *cue my cuz and me creasing up on the phone!* My family have all been blessed with a fantastic sense of humour...I love them!
I haven't actually seen my copy of the magazine yet. Mmmm...what excuse can I find to nip up to Borders?
PS. Who loves my fluffy slippers then?

5 comments:

Tina said...

You need an excuse to go to Borders? Heck no, get up there now my girl! What if they sold out: how would you ever forgive yourself?
Go, now!

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't bother going today - the magazine isn't out yet! :o) Lovely layout Chrissie!

Chrissie said...

Mmmm...yes...I discovered that. I CALLED Borders and was told (after he went to LOOK) that yes, indeed the January (not December, because I checked) issue was indeed IN. So I rushed down there while Celyn was in her ballet lesson, only to find out this bloke was talking crap.

I stood there and asked for my petrol money back (I was ratty!)

Nat said...

Oh dear!
I'm down there almost daily (in the hope they are giving away more Green and Blanks milk choccie) so give me bell before you go next time!!!
xxxxx

Nat said...

and "blacks" even!!!