Thursday, December 14, 2006

Christmas Tag

And not of the paper and ribbon kind...

Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Got to be hot chocolate with lots of whipped cream on top. The thought of drinking raw eggs makes me heave and often egg nog's alcoholic and as I don't drink, I wouldn't partake.

Coloured lights on tree/house or white? White, white, white

Do you hang mistletoe? Danny doesn't need any more encouragement in that department

When do you put your decorations up? As near to Christmas as possible...around 10 days before. I can't be doing with the putting decorations up in November malarky.

What is your favourite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? Oh, that HAS to be my stuffing which I make every year and which is divine and gorgeous and is the best recipe in the world. No kidding. (I take no credit for this recipe by the way...it came from a friend of mine in Reading).

Favourite Christmas memory as a child: Nothing in particular sticks out...just an amalgamation of being with family, getting new books (I loved to smell them...mmmm!), watching fab stuff on telly, and eating great food. Like now really! Oh...I remember 1975 when we were at my cousins in Lowestoft, and my cousin Jeff and I (who I'm with in the pictures in ScrapBook Inspirations this month) dancing to Tiger Feet by Mud! Great fun!!

How and When did you learn the truth about Santa? I don’t remember. It wasn't a heart-wrenching disappointment...it just was a gradual realisation.

Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? Well, when I was single and living with my Mum we always did. I would go to the midnight carol service at church, come home, and we'd open one each. But when I was married, Danny would have NONE. OF. IT. Christmas morning is for opening of presents and woe betide me if I even start rattling them before then! LOL

How do you decorate your Christmas Tree? First the lights (white), then the baubles and ornaments, and then a star on top. All the while saying "Oooooh" as I pull each ornament out and sort of say hello to it again!

Snow! Love it or Dread it? Snow has the strange quality of being so fantastically aesthetically pleasing and yet a pain in the ass. So I love it for the beauty of it, but hate the chaos it causes. I like summer and snow's cold so...

Can you ice skate? Yes, but only forwards and nothing fancy!

Do you remember your favourite gift? I got engaged on 19 December, so I think Danny was my favourite gift.

What’s the most important thing about Christmas for you? That it doesn't become a commercial orgy of presents and money spending. That I feel Christ in my life. That we're together and happy and having fun as a family. That I get really cool presents. And that the food and telly's good.


What is your favourite Christmas dessert? I really do like a good mince-pie and cream. Although I've just discovered the most amaaaaaaaaaazing sticky toffee pudding (seriously fan-blummin'-tastic) and Tescos' *Finest custard (to DIE for)...which may make this year's top 5!


What is your favourite holiday tradition? Don't really have one. I do like to go to a carol service on Christmas Eve though.

What tops your tree? Either a silver or gold star, depending on what colour combo I've gone with that year.

Which do you prefer, giving or receiving? Receiving. Bwaahaaahaaahaaahaa!

What is your favourite Christmas Song? Away in a Manger sung by children...that's beautiful. Or Handel's Messiah (does that count?). Or Joy to the World (which I know ALL the words to...of every verse...don't I Penny? ROFL!!!!)

What is your favourite Christmas story? I love It's a Wonderful Life (is a film a story? I think so) and The Snowman. Or if we are talking books I love The Tailor of Gloucester by Beatrix Potter (the animated version is fantastic).


So now I tag Tina, Debbie and Anna :D Merry Christmas girls!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Aww I love reading about how other people celebrate Christmas! :o)

domestic goddess said...

off to do it later
thanks hun
xoxoxox