Saturday, November 25, 2006

Happy Birthday to Me!

I'm having a lovely day, I have to say.

This morning I got up before everyone else and scrapped!!!! Perfect start to my birthday, don'cha fink? Mr Postie had delivered some GOOOOOOOORGEOUS cards from Rach, Tina and Linz (thank you guys - they're so lovely!!!) (and I got a card from Debbie yesterday too - thanks mate :D ). My card from Linz meant I was able to FINISH my scrapbooking page cos she sent me some rubons that I neeeeeeeeeded!!

My morning peace was interrupted (tsk! LOL) when Celyn came down the stairs, stood looking at me contemplatively for about 15 seconds as I scrapped with a little smile on my face, wondering what she was going to do. She then flung her arms around my neck and said, "It's Joseph's birthday today!" (kid in her class...she went to his birthday party this afternoon).

*Mmmmmm*

"AAAAAAAND..." says I. "And HOLLY'S!" she says (her friend's sister).

*MMMMMMM!!*

"AAAAAAAND...!" says I. "And yours!...And Miss Fraser's" (her teacher).

So it's good to know I'm third in pecking order, and then and only then, sharing with her teacher. Ha ha ha ha ha!

Husband gave me a very soppy card (very lovely...with a badge that I've worn everywhere all day that says "I'm Loved to Bits!"). He also gave me tickets to see the X-Factor Live Show in the CIA in March! YEY!!! What a cool pressie! Celyn gave me a notebook (from Paperchase, which is very lovely and may end up scrapped in because it's got lovely brown pages)...she chose it and paid for it with her own money (we have a thing about not buying her presents for her...she chooses and pays for them herself, even if it's only small or an odd choice!). And my Mum gave me 100 squid. And FIL sent me £40. *Chrissie rubs hands together in a Fagin-like manner*

After taking Celyn to her friend's birthday party, I decided I'd like to spend some of my birthday money on DVDs. I've been CRAVING to see the Kiera Knightley version of Pride & Prejudice again since I last watched a borrowed copy a few months ago. So I got that, and Walk The Line (which I haven't seen but Danny has, and used the word 'outstanding' to describe it, and as we have fairly similar taste I think it'll be good). I also got Love Actually (which I really like, except for one dodgy bit) and Hitch (with Will Smith, which looked like it'd be crap before I saw it on Sky Movies, but turned out to be completely hilarious and very good). And finally I pur-chased The Office Christmas Special (which I'd also wanted since...since...well, when was that on? 2 years ago, or 1? But completely hilarious as usual from Ricky boy, and just THE BUSINESS at the end with Tim and Dawn - I was jumping up and down and crying at the same time when it was shown on TV for the first time). The best bit of buying all that lush viewing is that it cost a grand total of 30 quid!!!!! What a complete bargain eh? I love HMV!!!

We then popped over to Tesco to buy scrumptious food, and Danny's now cooking me a roast lamb dinner followed by toffee pavlova. Good night's telly with X-Factor on and then I'm a Celebrity.

Should I reeeeeeally WANT to be out doing something VERY EXCITING...am I SO TOTALLY showing my middle-agedness? LOL - I don't care. I'm content! In fact, today I couldn't be happier.

8 comments:

Flat Golly said...

Happy Birthday Chrissie! Sounds like a fab day...enjoy the rest of it.

Tina said...

Did nobody tell you? Staying in is the new Going Out!!
Glad you're having a lovely day!

Kim said...

Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday dear Chrissie
Happy Birthday to yoooooooooou.
Which is the dodgy bit in Love Actually?. And I agree with Danny Walk the Line is Fab.

SmileyCarrie said...

Happy Birthday!!!!
So glad to hear you're having such a fantastic day~ you deserve it! And I could not agree more that starting your day off with scrapping is ideal.

*HUGS* Happy Birthday Chrissie!!!

Chrissie said...

The dodgy bit is when the two nude body doubles are imitating sex! :o

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday! Glad to hear you are enjoying your day! :o)
Aww I think that it is a fab idea to let Celyn chose her own gifts.

Gil said...

Happy birthday Chrissie - and who would want to go out on the night of a big match - everywhere full of drunken unhappy people! well, they were in cardiff!
GIL

Nat said...

Many (belated) happy returns!
Sounds like you had a fabby day!! xx