Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Of Plums and Poo and Tampons

Well...with regard to the Plums...I think it's a man to a woman (a woman would have at least saved some of the plums for him and possibly the children!). BUT I don't think they are married...I think in the first flush of a relationship, otherwise he'd have never even bothered with the note.

And my friend in class? Her response was:

"They. Weren't. Plums."

Too funny! Kim was as close as can be with her answer. I should give her a prize. You must remind me at the next crop Kim.

Talking of which. We had the fabbiest fab fab Swansea Crop last Friday. New hall which is to DIE for. It has been refurbished over the whole summer and (I have on good authority) they spent £400,000 doing it. The smell is all shiny new and the floor is all shiny 'oh my goodness gracious I can't drag my crop trolley over THIS!' new, and the kitchen. Well. I thought Sue was going to have a coronary, she was getting so excited (and trying to work out if she could actually take the cooker home with her in the back of her Peugeot). So now we have lots and lots of shiny new space (and smell) and lovely tables (quite a lot of those), so it's all happiness. Come one, come all (but you need to book on the Scrappers Unlimited website otherwise we won't have slices of cake or class kits ready for you). The next one is on 10 November, 7.15 to 10.30pm. And the December one will be 7.15 till late late with lots of foody bits on 8 December.

Apart from that, I've been ordering the last bits for the retreat in 3 weeks 1 day. That's 22 days. Eeek! Also printing the class instruction sheets. And stressing about packing up my class kits and goodie bags (I hate that job...anyone want to do it for me for a few quid and a Galaxy?). So all terribly boring from a bloggy point of view, but very necessary for my 58 ladies who are turning up in 3 weeks 1 day. And breeeeeeeathe...

Oh have to tell you the funniest funniest story my mum told me yesterday which she watched on TV...so you may have seen it too...but not necessarily. I was in the middle of peeing myself laughing about it when the phone rang and I answered still giggling mightily and it turned out to be someone ringing about our new mortgage. It was really hard to keep a sensible voice!

So...I think it was Rick Wakeman...was saying that he was sitting on the toilet having a number 2 when his 3 year old walked in and said, "Daddy. Where does poo come from?" Well, Rick thinks, 'I must answer this seriously and not patronise him' so went into an explanation of how you eat food and it goes down to your stomach, and then your body takes all the good bits and then the stuff your body doesn't want goes down through your intestines and out through your bottom as poo. There. That's how you get poo. And the child replied...

"Mmm. And Piglet??"

Bwaaaahaaaaahaaaahaaaaa!

Oh...and another funny...did you know that the French word for stamps (as in rubber stamping with ink and embossing powder) is 'tampons'. Titter titter.

Later bloggy peeps.

10 comments:

Kim said...

I'll work for chocolate!!!!!!

SmileyCarrie said...

hahahahahahahahahhaha that's such a hilarious story! I love it!! :) hahahaha

Chrissie said...

What don't you get luvvie (aww bless)

Tina said...

Would that be a Ford Galaxy?
Prefer chocolate myself!

Chrissie said...

Blimey, I'd do it myself if someone gave me a Ford Galaxy for doing it! :D

domestic goddess said...

i would do anything for a bar of galaxy!!!
ok i ahve put teh link here for yo hun as well
www.pencillines.com
you cant miss out on the best and newest challenge blog around now, can you!!!

Beth said...

Love the poo one Chrissie, well erm... as much as you can love poo ooerrr,lol. I don't understand the plums one though, my brain too is very, very small, (and that's if there's one there), and I've read it out load to myself toooo. Beth XX

Anonymous said...

As Pooh would actually say, 'I am a bear of very little brain'. And don't get what the 'plums' were either! :o) But you probably guessed that one already!

Nat said...

Ooh look at the jazzy new hall. Gutted I missed the crop :(

I used to go to Brownies in the old hall that sat on that there hallowed turf y'know - but far from smelling all shiny and new - it smelled of moldy old grannies and moth balls. Yeeeeeeeuck!!!No wonder they knocked it down - there's no getting stinks like that out with a spritz of febreeze.

Nat said...

Ooh look at the jazzy new hall. Gutted I missed the crop :(

I used to go to Brownies in the old hall that sat on that there hallowed turf y'know - but far from smelling all shiny and new - it smelled of moldy old grannies and moth balls. Yeeeeeeeuck!!!No wonder they knocked it down - there's no getting stinks like that out with a spritz of febreeze.