Thursday, June 29, 2006

Addendum...

My friend in Reading rang yesterday evening with a, "Guess what Iiiiiiiii've got in my hand?". Mr Welch had duly popped the remains of the album (RIP) round to their house. Well, she went through each layout's condition and it seems that only 2 or 3 of the pages are little bit crumpled and that's all, a couple have lost part of their titles (chipboard or pieces of card cut out and stuck on etc.) so no biggie...easy to redo...and the rest seem fine (praise be all things AMM). But the album is completely wrecked, bent out of shape, and very obviously run over. So it's all just great really...albums can easily be replaced.

I don't think he restored my faith in human nature, as I have never lost it! I still have this overriding belief that the bigger majority of humans are actually fairly nice, decent people for the most part ('that time of the month' and 'I'm having a terrible day' days aside). It's just like at school - the small minority who are bad, naughty, nasty little buggars get all the attention and make it horrible for everyone else in the class.

I thought it would make a good story for the papers too but, way more importantly, I also wanted Mr Welch's address to thank him with various things of loveliness, but when I asked him he wouldn't give it me, and my friend asked 3 times as well. He wouldn't cough up with her either and said to Judith, "No no...I know why she wants it and it's fine. I don't want a reward. I just hope someone does something nice for me sometime. That's how it works." So I can't give him anything at all...not even a card...and I can't publish the story without him being involved really eh? Shaun (Judith's husband) said that I have to create a layout now all about this story (which is hilarious...I think he's got the scrapping bug without actually doing it! LOL).

I know I could easily track my hero down (Burghfield Village is small and I've got his phone number), but Husband and Mother both say that then I'm not respecting his wishes. True...but I feel so bad not to thank him properly.

Suggestions on a postcard please, addressed to Confused of Cymru....

7 comments:

Jools said...

You know we will want pictures of it when you get it back, don't you? LOL

What a nice guy. And I agree with you on the whole "the bigger majority of humans are actually fairly nice, decent people".

And my twopence worth? Respect his wishes, if he didn't crumble when asked at least 3 times for his address then he really, really meant it.

Oh, and what's up with your banner???

Chrissie said...

I dunno! I have tried and tried and tried to load it so it looks sensible and it won't do it. Is it me? Is it blogger? Whaaaaaat? And why isn't my grey strip just a grey strip instead of a naffin' box on the left hand side????????

I agree...and that's what Danny said...he really meant it. I just feel bad that I can't, 'sall.

Tina said...

I agree with Jools: it made him feel good, and he is happy with that!
But..... you absolutely have to do a LO with the entire story!

Flat Golly said...

Hey - we all want to give Mr Welch a really big hug!

I guess he is really glad to have reunited it with his owner, which is probably reward enough for him.

Sorry but the thought of it being mown over by a juggernaut really made me giggle. (Actually I would be devasted if it happened to mine but it is still a funny story)

Linz said...

Glad to hear it's not too bad after all.

Big Kudos to Mr Welch - and I say respect his wishes too, I tend to be of the same school of thought that if I do something for someone then I hope they will pass it on - be a really nice world if everyone did

Kim said...

Could you put a letter of thanks into his local paper?. You don't have to give his name, but I'm sure word of it would get back to him.

Chrissie said...

Shame on you Sue, shame on you (laughing at my album getting run over) LOL!!