Tuesday, April 11, 2006

How funny is THIS!?


My fingers idly tapped out www.amazon.co.uk today to hunt for a book I've been wanting on scrapbook design (thinking in the back of my mind to get my mum involved in purchasing books for herself...her passion...and then wait for the inevitable, "Oh, I'll buy that one for you."

Oh WHAT?!! Give me a break. At least I'm honest!).

Anyhooo...I typed 'Scrapbook Design' in the search facility, and the first book on the resulting list was this! It's a crime novel based around scrapbooking. Toooooooooo funny. This one is due to be published in June, but there are 3 others. And I quote the first couple of paragraphs of Chapter 1 of Keepsakes Crimes (ahem...):

Carmela Bertrand spun out a good fifteen inches of gold ribbon and snipped it off tidily. "This" she told the little group of scrapbookers clustered around her table, "gets added to the center panel." Heads bobbed, and eager eyes followed Carmela's hands as she punched two quick holes in the scrapbook page, then deftly threaded the ribbon through.

The ladies had been asking about wedding scrapbooks, and Carmela had come up with a layout that was easy for beginners yet elegant in appearance. Color photos of a bride and bridesmaids were alternated with squares of embossed floral paper, three down and three across, like a giant tic-tac-toe board. A diamond-shaped card, perfect for personal jottings, was positioned in the center.

How hilarious. *Chrissie makes a mental note NEVER to create that layout*

Now...back to getting my mum to buy the actual book I want...

4 comments:

Taniwha said...

Did you make that all up or is it for real?

I'm off to Amazon.... might buy me that Cathy Zielske while I'm there :D

Chrissie said...

No no...it's for REAL!!! Honest. Look it up!

Cathy Zielske is what I bought!!!! (or rather MUM BOUGHT - mwaaahaaahaaa...my cunning plan has worked!)

Chrissie said...

And Rach...I have a MUCH better picture of you for your piccie...that looks nothing like you that one!

Chrissie said...

THAAAAAAAAT's better!!! But my pic of you is still the best... I'll post it tomorrow...