Sunday, April 09, 2006

All I can say is...

Look at that view. And the hotel we were looking at it from. Sheep (and boingy, tail-waggling newborn lambs) baaing in the morning as you woke up. Daffodils everywhere. And the little tiny town of Crickhowell just 5 minutes down the road was just happiness. Sue and I popped down there on Friday morning and we were both completely tempted to stay a lot longer...drawn in by a very evil art gallery type shop which made us spend money and had beautiful beautiful beautiful things in it that I wanted to run out of the shop with under my arm shouting, "Quick Sue...get the car!!!"

Oh. And the food. Outstanding food. Food served pleasantly and in a lovely restaurant or in the terrace room (with big squashy sofas and windows looking out on that view!)

Hotel staff...well, one of the Scrappers Unlimited team said she felt like you could put on your jammies and wander around like that for most of the evening and they wouldn't bat an eyelid. It was like staying in someone's house, it was so relaxing, and yet we were very well looked after. They were so helpful and friendly. I felt like giving them a hug at the end...they were like pals you were saying goodbye to. My bed (and I can of course only speak for myself) was the best hotel bed I've ever stayed in.

And that's just the hotel...

More later on the scrapbooking. All of that and scrapbooking for 3 days. I tell you...it was just HAPPINESS!!

10 comments:

Jools said...

Ooooooh, you have a new header! I'm impressed. Not bad for a technophobe ;)

Chrissie said...

Cheeky moo. It's a RUBBISH header and you know it! I was just seeing if I could change it. Which I did. And now I want a better one (but haven't got thingummbob to make it). *Chrissie flutters eyelashes at Jools and regrets calling her a cheeky moo...twice...*

Taniwha said...

What a great photo! Hehehehe :)

It was a pleasure to squish on the edge of your gigantic table at the retreat Chrissie. Thank you so much for making room for me. I had a ball, a Scrappers Unlimited retreat is definitely a ball and I can't wait for Glaaaaaaaasterrrrrrr now!

Taniwha said...

I've been around Fiona too much, I said ball twice in that paragraph.


Sorry.

Chrissie said...

ROFPMSL!!!!!


Indeed. She is definitely the queen of the Naughty Table that Fi.

Jools said...

What? Do you think flattery will get you want you want?

Yeah, probably will! I'll 'think' about rustling you up something!

Flat Golly said...

Faberluss location, staff, food, company - can we do it again!

Linz said...

Great weekend - even if I did spend most of it on the road !!!

Chrissie said...

Wasn't it though?! I want to go back there...DEFINITELY!!! That hotel was just GORG wasn't it?!

Ness said...

I agree with all the above. Abs fab hotel and my room was the best yet with that stunning panoramic view (oh, and my mate the giant black spider!).
Lush food and sooooooo relaxing this time for me. Only thing I want to improve for next time is my hearing! It's a nightmare only hearing half all the funnies on the naughty table!