Sunday, April 16, 2006

Easter Scrapping

Just a simple layout of my girly-girl when she was nearly 7 months old. Heavily inspired by a layout from one of the Autumn Leaves books. And I'm completely irritated because I can't find my DMC threads for adoration nor sixpence, so I can't finish off the little thingummies (name escapes me for the moment). One of the classes at The South Wales Crop yesterday was Fiona's 'C is for Chocolate Cake' (my version below) and I had the thought then to create an A B C album for Celyn to edge her along the road to reading. She actually did read the word 'Yum' on this layout (didn't know the sound for Y (it's pronounced 'ih' in her name of course) but once I said that letter phonetically she put it together with 'uh' and 'mmm' and then said the word). So this is going to be 'Y is for Yum Yum' (I'll do the other part of the title on the side) and I'm going to carry on and get the layouts done quickety-quick (otherwise, at my usual rate, she'll be about 10 by the time I've finished it, and probably reading fairly well by then! LOL

I know a lot of people would say my handwriting spoils the layout but I really do have a thing about getting journaling down and getting it down in your own scrawl. As I say in my 'Journaling With Doughnuts' class, your descendants aren't going to give a rat's bottom whether your handwriting is stunning or not (they'll just love that it's something of you). Nor will they care that it may not have the eloquence of Oscar Wilde.

Anyway...enjoyed having a little Easter Sunday scrap. Been feeling a little bit low today so enjoyed the self-indulgence.





















Later 'gator

2 comments:

Jak said...

I have to be honest, since the seminar I went on with you, I always hand write journaling now...see I did learn something x

Chrissie said...

Oh fabulous!!! YEY!! Well done Jackie!!