Sunday, April 02, 2006

The biggest buzz!

As mentioned before, Julia and I taught a Scrappers Unlimited seminar on design in Reading last weekend and we gave our delegates some challenges upon their return home.

I've just had this in from Tina who lives in Aylesbury. I'm just so chuffed! She says:

"I just wanted to thank you for a totally inspiring day on Saturday. Like so many scrappers, I was at a place where I wasn't keen to 'scraplift' other people's work, yet unable to come up with strong designs of my own.

"When I came on Saurday, I was hoping that I would come away with a few ideas to help develop my own design skills, and I have to say, the seminar more than met my expectations.

"I drove home desperate to start collating my ideas, and certain that I needed to restart the habit from my college days of keeping sketchbooks full of ideas and inspiration. Having done so, I have scrapped with more confidence and speed than ever before! No more dithering about wondering where to put things; it was just a case of choosing photos and papers and cardstock to match. I have halved my use of 'repositionable' adhesive, and stuck things down without agonising for days first. What freedom!

"I have actually made several LO's based on the things that I started to learn on Saturday. Since music has always played a hugely important part in my life, it occurred to me that album covers with their 12" format would be an ideal starting point. So I attach a LO based on an album cover for you to look at. I hope you like it!"




















When people respond to what you teach...now THAT's the biggest buzz in the WORLD!

Yey!

No comments: