Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Asparagus!

Tried a new recipe I saw whilst reading Stacy Julian's blog (that somebody had sent to her). Mostly because the very day that I saw it, Celyn mentioned that she wanted to eat asparagus, and I thought "aha!" It's pretty simple, but my word it was good.

Simmer the asparagus for about 3 minutes until they are tender but not soft and soggy (for that is bleuh...which is a term used in haute cuisine). Then toss them in about 3 or 4 tablespoons of ranch dressing. Put them in an ovenproof dish and cover them with a mix of cheese (original recipe said parmesan but I used Cheddar) and crushed up Ritz crackers. Bake them in a pre-heated oven, 200 degrees C, for 15 mins. Deeee-lish.

We had to bribe Celyn with a WHOLE chocolate Easter egg to get her taste them. She did...under duress. This involved the mandatory 'chew 5 times' thing and then wailing "I don't like them" inbetween making 'peueee peueee' noises in spitting the offending asparagus out. She liked the cheese topping though!

Well, the adults in the house thought they were yum.

1 comment:

Chrissie said...

Dont' start me off again! ROFL!!

Too late...I'm crying with laughter again!!