Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Dydd Dewi Sant Hapus - The Layout

I have another beginners' class tomorrow evening so I thought I'd scrap that picture that was screaming at me like a banshee. Simple use of paper - no embellishments - because they're very very new. The thin strips of black pick up on the black and red check on their jackets and the boy's hat, as well as the black line around the bottom of the girls' skirts. The black semi-circle with white lettering reflects the lacy hats. And I had to ask my first language Welsh speaking neighbour to make sure Dydd Dewi Sant Hapus was correct (word order being something of a mystery in Welsh!)...which it is. Deeth Dew-ee Sant Hap-iss is the pronunciation for the uninitiated - LOL

I'll blog later about the Oscars. Needless to say, I didn't win (BUT I wasn't last either).

Later.

2 comments:

Jools said...

Ok, so for the uninitiated of us - what on earth does it mean??!?!?!?!?

Great LO though Chrissie, perfect for a beginners class but not so simple as to be too basic, if you kwim?

Chrissie said...

Oh...ha ha. It means Happy St. David's Day.

Dydd = day
Dewi = David
Sant = Saint
Hapus = Happy

:-D