Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Tooooooo funny!


Okay...let me set this up. I had, as previously mentioned, had a mooch around HobbyCraft Newport on Saturday. Part of the mooch process was to hand over a poster for the upcoming Brecon Beacons Time Out at the beginning of April...said poster having pictures of previous retreats on to advertise just what jolly japes we've got up to. Fine. Lovely. Poster up.

So...yesterday I toddle off to Borders to look for writing pads and pens for my journaling class at the Newbury Time Out. Mooch mooch. Celyn then asks (oh hallelujah and praise be to all things potty) if "there are any toilets in here Mummy?" Fan-blummin-tastic! So we scoot upstairs to use said toilet and then I was sucked in to a pleasant half hour in Starbucks drinking a hot chocolate with whipped cream and reading my ScrapBook Inspirations magazine (which I hadn't even paid for yet!) while Celyn ate a huge piece of chocolate cake and played with a toy they had available. Total and utter bliss.

So...quietly reading...slurp slurp..."You okay Celyn?...Lovely" slurp slurp...read, read... *phone text message rings*. Pick it up. Message from Fiona (and I quote):

"OMG. There's a poster 4 brecon with me on it with a sticky willy on my head in hobbycraft!"

Me - start to howl...and I mean HOWL - with laughter - so much so that people were looking and one lady near me eating with her fella was looking at me and joining in giggling too* because I was obviously so creased up. Tears in my eyes, I ring Fiona who is still part in shock and part wetting herself laughing too.

TOOOOOOOOOOO FUNNY!!! Best laugh of the week that one. Even if she did call me a rude name! You're hilarious Fiona!

Love Chrissie x

* Why is it women do that - connect, you know?

No comments: