Wednesday, January 18, 2006

So...here's the thing...

I don't even know why I'm doing this blogging malarky. I hate the word blog. Blog...bleuooogh... Bl...Og. What's THAT all about? But I find myself being drawn towards getting life down, and seeing as I'm at the computer half my life these days, it seems I've been sucked in (images of cut-off toenails being sucked down a plughole are springing to mind LOL!).I did indeed have a rant the other day about bloggers. Do they do it because they have big egos that need a cyber-massage. Or is it simply the modern diary? Then why not just type into a document? Why do it on line? I dunno.And then there's the good side...the sharing, connecting with others - what was it C.S. Lewis said? We read to know we're not alone. And write, so others can read.So...I'm here. I am...indeed...a blogger.

2 comments:

Flat Golly said...

And thanks for making me laugh out loud!

Jools said...

Hi Chrissie!

Hmmm, interesting, why did I start blogging? Definitely not to massage my cyber ego.

I started because of laziness and monotony really. I got fed up writing individual emails that each contained the same information and got to lazy about trying to think of different ways to say the same stuff.

Therefore my blog was born: how simple, I just write about what's going on, post photos etc. and my family and friends (if they're interested) can just log on to my blog and read all about it. Now ofcourse I've really enjoyed "getting things of my chest" and the funny thing is when I know someone has read it I suppose it does massage my ego too ;-)

Welcome to the world of blog!