Monday, April 02, 2007

May I Introduce...Gingernut

This lovely little tabby 6 day old ball of fluff is going to be our new cat in about 6 weeks. We've been umming and aahing about getting a pet for probably a year, and the other day one of the mums at school said her friend's cat (that she was looking after...I can't remember all the ins and outs, but it's the sister of her cat or something) had just had a litter of 5. And I just knew this was the time to do it. So over the weekend I asked Celyn if she'd like a kitten as an Easter present and she said, "Mmm...well, it's not very Eastery Mummy" (far too clever for her own good) and I said, "Hurrumph hurrumph, new life and all that, hurrumph" or words to that effect.
Anyway, this afternoon we went up to meet these little creatures, whose eyes have only been open a day, and Celyn and I picked out the tabby from the litter. Penny (who comes to the S Wales Crop) wants one of the greys. And then there's another grey and two black and whites left.
So. Meet Gingernut. Celyn is adamant that her name is Gingernut, despite me pointing out several times that the cat wasn't at all ginger. "It's still a nice name Mummy. That's what I want to call it." She sounds terribly precocious but anyone who's met my girl will know there's not an ounce of precociousness in her body. Anyway, I kinda like it. A non-ginger cat with a very ginger name...sort of paradoxical and ironical and all :D
I apologise to all cat lovers for the terrible way Celyn's holding Gingernut in the last picture. She has lots to learn but that's all the fun and responsibility of caring for a pet eh?
Tee hee!

5 comments:

Amber said...

Oh my Word!!!!! How absolutely gaaawwwgeous is that puss tat!!! I want one!!!

Anonymous said...

Aww soooo cute! :o) Absolutely gorgeous. xx

misteejay said...

I agree with Celyn, Gingernut is a great name and what a little sweetie too...Toni :o)

Nat said...

Oooooh I'm so excited for you all!! Gingernut looks sooooo cute! I love kitties so much I doooo!!!! xx

Nat said...

Wanted to add - the Mummy cat looks just like my Cat Millie - and she gave birth to grey and black and white kitties too. Wonder if they ar related at all? lol!!