Friday, February 02, 2007

Everyone but everyone is sick...

About half the people I talk to on UK Scrappers, some of the Swansea scrapbookers, and (more to the blummin' point), Celyn, me and my mum. Lying in bed last night with me moaning and coughing my lungs up on one side of him, and Celyn groaning and coughing on the other side of him, Danny said, with a resigned tone, "I don't stand a chance" and sort of stared into space, as if waiting for the achy muscles to hit.

Celyn was even hallucinating last night, her temperature was so high. And I slept with the window open all night (in FEBRUARY!) because I was so hot. My mum is also part of the 'we're not getting dressed today' brigade and has lain around in her bedroom all day, coughing away in a bronchial manner.

Germy children. That's who I blame.

Anyway. Tomorrow is the Crop & Create day at Caerphilly Leisure Centre, organised by Crafty-Ness, and I was teaching. Yes, you will note the past tense. I had to make the decision this afternoon to take a big breath and tell Vanessa I wasn't coming. I feel simply terrible about it, but I could barely walk down the stairs this morning and most of the day I've had to look after the two other invalids whilst feeling crap myself. And it also means that Celyn can't be taken to Nanny's house to be babysat of a Saturday morning as usually happens if Husband and I are both working, because she's been at 180 degrees on the sofa, as limp as a lettuce, for most of the day.

So, here are the two classes I was teaching, and perhaps I'll teach them another time at a crop near you!

Do you Believe in Fairies (which I, very annoyingly, forgot to put the question mark on, oh the horror) has a tissue paper/paint/inking/stamping technique all over the large photo.
















The second class was this accordion book with 7gypsies products (love those stickers!). The photos were taken on my kitchen windowsill (outside...oh yes, I remember the days when I was well enough to go outside the house, she says pathetically).

Right. I need to go and lie about on the sofa again *cough*

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear you are feeling poorly! Not nice at all. Sending healing vibes your way.

Lovely layout though :o) xx

Andrea said...

Very cute.
Hope you feel better soon. I'm sick too, but not quite into the hallucinating yet. although that could come soon I'm sure. Get well!

misteejay said...

Sorry to hear you are all still poorly. Not the best of things having to play 'Florry Nightingale' when you feel as bad (if not worse) than those you are caring for...:o( Hope you all feel better soon.

The LO is super (even if there isn't a ?) and your intended class projects, fab.

Sending a virtual cool flannel for the fevered brow...get well soon. Toni

Beth said...

Love the LO and the accordian book, totally gorgeous. So hope you feel (well all of you), better very soon. Beth XX

Veronica said...

Beautiful beautiful LO - great pica and papers

Love

Vicki xx