Thursday, January 18, 2007

I'm It

Just remembered (because I've been stooopid busy) that I got tagged by Nattie. Huzzah!

So...what I've got to do (for tag number 1) is:

1. Grab the book closest to you.
2. Open to page 123, go down to the fourth sentence.
3. Post the text of the following three sentences on your blog.
4. Name of the author, and book.
5. Tag three people of you own.

Ummm...I'm striking out here as the nearest book to me was Apples for Jam (recipe book) which had a honking great picture on page 123. Start again. The next nearest book was a children's version of The Iliad and The Odyssey which Celyn had migrated into the office for me. Doesn't even reach page 123. Ho hum. START AGAIN! Okay...here we go...3 sentences from page 123 of Spiritual Roots of Human Relations by Stephen R Covey:

"How widespread is this mote/beam sickness! To some degree, it afflicts all of us. The doctrine of magnifying our own stewardship is the only medicine that will bring about a permanent cure. In other words, to improve a situation, I must improve. To change my wife, I must change."

This is my husband's book as I'm not a huge Stephen R Covey fan I would like to point out. But GOOD POINT Mr Covey! LOL

Next tag from Nat was: Who am I? Describe your personality in a paragraph or two.

Blimey...that's a bit deep for a Thursday afternoon innit?! Right...I shall answer in a bit of a stream of consciousness typie manner:

A child of God is one of my first thoughts. My beliefs have and still shape who I am and how I behave and how I repent of how I behave sometimes (bwaahaahaa!). And how I think of others. I am wholly imperfect is the next thought. And I am a bit of a paradox...I am confident in lots of things...my ability to get things done right, to learn, to organise, to teach, to talk to people in certain setting (put them at their ease, etc). And yet I'm incredibly insecure when it comes to one-on-one friendships and also my body (both of those cover a huge spectrum of behaviour). So people read me wrong and think I have broader shoulders than I do, and I get terribly hurt if people are mean to me. I'm also a paradox in that I am a worker...I work hard and expect others to work hard too...but then I can be dreadfully lazy sometimes as well.

I think I have a good sense of humour...a sense of the ridiculous...and I never take myself too seriously. I can be intolerant (bad Chrissie, bad) and impatient...intolerant of stupidity and inefficiency, and people smoking anywhere near me (I'm shockingly rudely intolerant of that). And I have a personality where I am able to watch behaviour and see both sides of a situation. And finally I am fiercely loyal and very loving towards people I care about (even though they might not know it). I will happily give people hugs and kisses and tell them how I feel about them, given half the chance! BUT I detest confrontation if it's negative...I'll run a mile in the other direction rather than tell someone they've upset me.

Ta da! Phew, that was hard!

Okay...I tag Sue, Debbie and Rach. For both. Hah!

3 comments:

Carole Bryson said...

Are you sure you're not my long lost twinnie Chrissie ... you sound just like me !!!

xxxxxxxxxx

Chrissie said...

Not unless my mother's failed to tell me something - LOL! Let's go and sit in a public place and tut very very loudly at people smoking together then! HA!

Nat said...

Love your answers - especially the hard worker yet lazy bit - think I've found my soul mate lol!! xx