Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Happy Thanksgiving!

My very dear friend Lee called today from New York (my word, I love him to bits), and in the process of chatting and falling about laughing (one of the stories I told him was the "What are the chances of that happening" story Debbie *taps nose knowingly*...my, we did chuckle!) I was of course reminded that it is Thanksgiving in America tomorrow.

I loved that holiday when I lived there. It's just all about being grateful. That's it. No cards, no presents, no hype (except for the Macy's parade I suppose!). It's about getting together with your family and friends and just thinking grateful thoughts. And eating lots of food. I mean, how cool is that?! It's a great holiday and I wish we had it over here! Actually, I did have Thanksgiving in my house for several years after returning from the States...perhaps I need to start that up again.

Anyway...just wanted to wish all you people who hale from that side of the Duck Pond a very happy holiday. Have a wonderful weekend! Have some pumpkin pie and candied yams on me :D

2 comments:

Deborah Duck said...

Speechless! You weren't supposed to talk about THAT anymore.

Chrissie said...

Heh heh heh!