Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Very Proud Moment

This mothering malarky is a powerful thing eh? I had the funniest feeling on Monday.

Dropping Celyn off to school, the teacher and her assistant yelled across the room, to be heard over the mayhem of 20-something 3 and 4 year olds settling on the carpet for the start of the day. They yelled, "Ooo mum, mum...go and look at the display in the other room" (there is a 'work' room and a 'messy play/work' room for the Nursery kids). So I obediently toddled into the other room and immediately saw a large, new display all about Noah's Ark (they're doing 'Floating & Sinking' as their topic this term!). It was really cute, and with the children's* little boats on the table in front (*read "parents' boats that they made for their children because, let's face it, they're 3 and 4). And then my eye spotted something. They had a photo of Celyn drawing Noah for the display, explaining that once she'd drawn him, they clothed him with pieces of fabric.

The teacher and her assistant both explained to me later what I sort of knew immediately...that they had asked Celyn to draw him "because she's the best artist in the class." *Puffs out chest with pride*

This funny feeling started in the centre of my body and spread out into a warm, tingling, expanding, swelling sensation to even my tippy-tippy toes. Coupled with a cheesy grin. Gotta love those bandy legs - bwaahaaahaaa!

But pride in your child's achievements and talents...WOW!!!!!! Powerful! Of course I've felt proud of my girly before, but somehow this was different. And it's also very cool that she takes after people in our family - Husband's mum is a fabulous painter (with next to no training as well). Danny is good at art too.

Visions of her becoming a graphic designer and keeping me in my dotage

Tee hee.

And you can bet your fluffiest coin in the bottom of your handbag that I was back to pick her up later with my camera in hand!!

8 comments:

Beth said...

Aww Chrissie, that proud moment when your child does something a bit speshal is really moving. Lovely photo of Cwlyn too, and fab bit of design work also. Beth XX

Chrissie said...

So...are all of YOU guys seeing fuzzy photos, or is it just me???

SmileyCarrie said...

The pictures look great to me!! That's so sweet.. your own little artist!! What a cutie :) :)

Anonymous said...

Nope no fuzzy photos here Chrissie.
Bless her though, that is one cracking Noah! :o)

Chrissie said...

Are you able to click on them and make them big?

Anonymous said...

No I get Error 404

domestic goddess said...

wow one talented little girl there then missy

Nat said...

She's a talented little girlie - i couldn't believe the drawings I saw her doing before for a girl of her age :D xxx