Thursday, August 31, 2006

One more down...

One more to go. Can't show the whole thing yet cos it's for a class...I bet this is the worst scrapbooking blog in the whole world (votes on a postcard please)! I only show bits of layouts! I enjoyed creating this layout though because I love love love doodling ...I find it so relaxing.

I also saw this cartoon today which made me literally snort my drink at the computer.

On Tuesday evening Linz (the owner of Crafty Pastimes for those of you who don't know her) and her two girlies came to stay for the night, and then on Wednesday we headed to the beach with Debbie, her daughter and her daughter's friend, Molly. Well, Linz and I made the most amazing discovery. Linzy-Loo is from Swindon originally and as we were chatting on Tuesday evening I mentioned that I actually spent a very short period living in Swindon as a kid. "Where? What road? What part of Swindon?" were the questions put to me, to which I replied, "Iiiiiiii don't knooooooow!!! I was FIVE!" We lived at my cousin's house while our house was being built in Basingstoke...I do have very distinct memories of it, and some photos too, but the grown-up type details are understandably missing. So I rang my cousin Gwen to pick her brain. So, she told me we lived there for 6 months and the name of the street and the estate we lived on, and Linz looked at me grinning incredulously and said, "But that's just around the corner from where I lived...I lived on that same estate!" Well, as Linz and I are only a year apart in age, it then occurred to me that if we lived so close (how mad is THAT!) then we probably went to the same school. I do have vague memories of being at school with my cousin Jeff. And...get this folks...Linz and I were at the same infant school at the same time. Just one class age apart from each other. Cerrrrr-aaaaazy!! Funy how we should become friends through scrapbooking, although we now live in South Wales and Gloucestershire, miles apart from each other! Ooo, ooo...AND one of my main memories of living there is having chicken pox, lying on Gwen's sofa covered in calamine and feeling miserable and itchy. Well, Linz was only at that school for a couple of years (they moved to the other side of Swindon) and she said SHE had chicken pox whilst there too. It was probably the same chicken pox infection going round. Too funny eh?

Anyway, the kids had a wonderful, wonderful time together...Celyn got on like a house on fire with Alanna and Sabrina, and they all slept together in Celyn's bedroom that night - a real 'sleepover' - awwwwww! They were all kneeling on her bed at one point, in their PJs, seeing what stars they could find in the night sky...so so so sweet. I read them all 'Dogger' (by Shirley Hughes) and nearly came a cropper trying to straddle the camp bed to sit down (which Linz found highly amusing - bwaahaaahaaa!)

Our trip to the beach was fun because we just kept laughing at ourselves. It was blummin' FREEZING!!!!!!! It was grey, windy, cloudy and kept spitting with rain. How nuts are we? Well, the kids had a good time, and Molly and Hannah even braved the sea in their wet-suits. Debbie, Linz and I just stayed in our camp chairs, under BLANKETS and TOWELS to keep warm, drinking hot chocolate and eating chips! LOL!!! I actually honestly did have a red face and chest this morning...and I tell ya, it was WIND burn (or possibly frost bite)...not sun burn, that's for sure. I couldn't even use it as a good opportunity to get some arty photos because my camera battery died. Ho hum. Still, we had a total laugh and it was lovely to hang out with these fab ladies.

I would upload the photos Linz took but Blogger's being norty again - tsk! It let me do the first two but has now gone on strike. Ho hum.

There are, as I type this, 2.5 hours left of summer. September (to me) is an autumn month. While autumn is oookaaaay I get so sad that summer is gone (and gone early too...this weather is naff). I so look forward to summer all year, and it just seems to have flown by this year. I need my husband to earn lots and lots of money so we can afford to go off to sunnier climes in February for a few weeks, so I can get some happiness sunshine. Perhaps if we all wish really really hard, we can have an Indian summer at the beginning of September. Come on everybody...and WIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIISH!!!!!!

2 comments:

Deborah Duck said...

I've been in bed most of the afternoon, as I have double pneumonia! Well, a very sore throat, little voice and a temperature anyway. And, it took almost two hours to get home, got to the crop at about 6, and then had to go home again because I'd left all the tea and coffee etc behind.

Anyway, I had a fab day too, cold ... but fab. Thanks for the company ladies.

Chrissie said...

I've got a cold too! LOL Been sniffing and sneezing all day. TWO HOURS!!? Why??