Friday, May 05, 2006

I see scrapbooking events...they're EVERYWHERE!!

I've been meaning to get up to the ol' hometown for some time now so that I can just SEE people, rather than be there a-scrappin' and then dashing home to the fam-lee. So today Celyn and I are off for a couple of days, so she can play with various friends up there (the trampoline in Zoe's garden is a BIG DRAW) and I can hang with the parents of said various friends. Leaving husband in the decadent peace of a house where he can actually write his dissertation (got to be in on Monday ...bleuh).

Except...

I've just realised...

It's turned into a scrapping weekend. What's the DEAL?! They follow me about. Or perhaps I just can't help organising them. Probably the second one.

So tonight I'm teaching at a brand new crop being held at The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints on The Meadway in Tilehurst. It started off with 8...it's now up to 16 (or was that 17?). Only a fiver (non profit you see, because that's church policy). 7pm. And the next day I'm just popping my head in to The Scrap Cafe (dot co dot uk)'s monthly crop up in St. Barnabus' church hall in Emmer Green (10am, dunno how much).

It's all good! It's National Scrapbooking Day (Weekend) so it's got to be done really.

So. Gotta go. Bags to pack. Child to sort. Sunny day to drive 'home' in. Woo hoo!


Oh. PS. If you're in Wales and fancy celebrating Scrapbooking Day, then get yourself along to the crop in Taffs Well, Cardiff. Contact Debbie at dddebbborah@aol.com or on 0792 933 2165 for details.

5 comments:

Taniwha said...

Have a great weekend and I hope you've got air con in the car (I had mine on cold for the first time yesterday, it was great! 26 degrees it was.... summers here *big grin*)

Chrissie said...

I do. But it's broken.

Booooooo.

Flat Golly said...

T is for trampoline! Have fun! I will see you on Friday!!!!!!!!!!

Chrissie said...

ROFPMSL!!!!!! T IS INDEED FOR TRAMPOLINE!!! You are so funny!

Chrissie said...

I ain't taking no pictures of a sticky willy for Celyn's album Fi!! LOL!!

Oooooh..you mean THAT sticky willy!! LOL