Thursday, April 13, 2006

A Chunk of Chutney...

Sitting it out. Am I bothered...bothered?
I stare - brace the shot. I'm in company.

I had a letter yesterday from one of the girlies who took my Journaling With Chutney class last Saturday at the Brecons Retreat. (A letter I tell you! They still exist! And they are still lovely to receive.)

Katie-Jane had used this photo as inspiration for writing some iambic pentameter poetry journaling, to use when she actually scrapbooks it. This photo of her then boyfriend (now husband) Rob (on the left) was taken at a wedding in Paris. Rob is a good friend of mine too. The other guy in the picture is a French friend of Katie's from when she lived in Greece. Oh stop your whinging! It's not THAT complicated!

The point of all my ramblings is that this is literally the ONLY photo she has of Rob from their dating days, simply because he absolutely hates having his picture taken. She took some the other day on their digi camera and when she went to print them, found that he'd deleted the lot. He only bore the annoyance of this snap because he was with Katie's friend!

I asked the ladies in my journaling class to write a couple of lines of blank iambic pentameter (taught them how first, of course!) for 5 photos, just to get the feel of the metre. And the letter contained the lines I've written above.

I don't think her writing would have been so good had she not had the structure of the metre to work with. Fab isn't it? I told her on the phone, "Well...now we have to talk about ceasura and enjambment..." Heh heh heh...

2 comments:

Chrism said...

ceasura and enjambment - now am scared - is it painful :lol:

Chrissie said...

It's a KILLER! LOL